Saturday, September 5, 2009

She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple


I have this dress I bought at Target a few years back. I bought it thinking it was a blouse, but when I put it on, I felt it was just a bit too long for a blouse, and too short for a dress. But since the fit was pretty good, I thought I would shorten it... one of these days. I wore it once or twice with pants, but always felt it didn't look right.

Today I decied to shorten it, since Kim left for Geneva and I wanted to get my mind on something else. It had a lining, which to be honest, I just hacked off high enough where it wouldn't affect the waistline, but not so short that it would look funny. I might tack it down later. Then I took a DVD case and took it up by that amount all around the hem. What can I say, I was too lazy to find the solitary measuring tape in the house. Note to self: Get another tape measure. After a hairy moment when I thought I messed up, but realized the hem was lower in front to compensate for the bust, it was a pretty straightforward process. I am quite pleased with the result, so much so I am going to wear it to church tomorrow.

Speaking of church, Julia is so excited because this year sixth graders will go to Jr. high ministry at "The Gap". The Gap is our church's auxillary site across from the McTaco Hut, about a mile away from church. Tomorrow they will take all the rising sixth graders to The Gap for an orientation. Afterwards, I will pick her up and then we will go to church together for the first time in a long time. :)

P.S. the blouse does have some purple in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment