Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Belated Christmas, Ya'll!

This was one of those rare Christmases where I got everything on my list. From the practical, to the luxurious, everything I asked for was received. But this wasn't my favorite part of Christmas. 

The highlights:
-Christmas Eve services at my older sister's home church. I haven't attended my home church for Christmas eve in years, so going with Anna and her family with my family is the closest thing I could get, and it was very nice.  The children were well behaved and the music was lovely. Joe even mentioned something from the sermon today, so obviously he was paying attention. 

-Putting out gifts for Christmas morning. One of my favorite things every year is arranging gifts around the tree for maximum impact. I also get to scope out my gifts a little, which is sneaky, but I do it anyhow.

-Watching the kids opening their big surprise gifts. I didn't even know Joe was going to get a video camera, but it was on his list, and I didn't think he was going to get it. Somehow, Kim's aunt found a kiddie camcorder and Joe was pretty excited by it. Julia got the skateboard she was asking for, so she was happy, and the clothes and boots were also a big hit.

-Ok, I admit it, getting the gifts I wanted was pretty awesome. I am currently typing this up on my new iPad, which makes blogging way easier than an iTouch does. 

I hope all your Christmases were full of joy and everything you wanted!  Have a wonderful last few days of 2010 and a happy new year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment